The Villages Spotlight Magazine April 15
The Villages Spotlight Magazine May 15
The Villages Spotlight Magazine June 15
The Villages Spotlight April 2015
Successful aging, Part 1 -Reducing Toxins
What is aging? What is different between an agile child, full of energy and an adult that is slower, has restricted flexibility and has aches and pains?
The explanation for unpleasant aging is very simple: the conjunction of 3 interconnected factors:
- Accumulation of toxins
- Accumulation of inflammation
- Accumulation of dis-empowering thinking
Maintaining low toxin intake, low inflammation, empowering positive thinking and clearing what was accumulated in the past will make our aging process pleasant and enjoyable. This concept emerged in 1950 and became more popular in the1980’s.
Let’s take a closer look to how we may create painful aging in our lives. We will explore today more about the first part of aging:
How do we accumulate toxins? Toxins are everywhere: in the food we eat, in the air we breathe, cleaning products, and within our houses. It may sound discouraging, but there are solutions.
How do we reduce the toxin intake? This step requires understanding which ingredients are toxic for us and which ones are safe, but once we learn that, it is actually easier than before J.
- Eating organic produce, non GMO as much as we can
- Taking nature walks and hikes in areas with clean air and exercise.
- Choosing natural organic cleaning products: steaming, reducing the carpet areas, dusting often.
How do we get rid of the toxins we already have?
- Simple methods: drinking water with lemon, cayenne pepper, drinking nettle tea or even fasting a day or half a day if necessary. Also zeolite removes heavy metals and toxins from our body.
- Regular methods: exercising, whole body vibration, hiking, and swimming are great to include in our routine. Drinking the right amount of water daily is crucial in flushing toxins.
- Advanced methods: infrared Biomat amethyst crystals, infrared sauna and cold laser. These methods should be used initially more often and continued on a maintenance frequency.
It may be discouraging for some of us but when we really get into it, we see that only a few things done consistently on a daily or weekly basis can help us experience successful aging.
The simple solution includes:
- Healthy diet
- Exercise and nature walks
- Detoxification from toxins and negative energy
- Empowering thinking
Charles Eugster, 93 year old body builder, states: “Successful aging requires work, diet and exercise. The huge mental and physical potential of the aged remains unexplored. Bodies can now be rebuilt at any age and a new life started. Beauty kings and queens in the 80-year-old category or a beach body at the age of 94 are not impossible. We will all, regardless of age, have to take greater responsibility for our own health in order to confront the immense challenges confronting the human race.”
Ioana Grigore – lifestyle wellness trainer at Design Your Wellness Now Studio in Los Gatos
Empowering people toward a healthier, more harmonious and happier life!
200 San Mateo Ave, Los Gatos, CA (650) 248-0401